It's Delle!

Someone on the WW boards mentioned they read my blog (news to me, I didn't think anybody stopped by here aside from my best friend!), so I thought I should put a little blurb about me. I made this journal so I can keep track of the things I'm doing and how I'm thinking and feeling as I journey along the road to getting thinner. It's not intended to be written to an audience, it is honestly something I am writing to myself, and I find it so helpful to be able to look back even 4 months ago and see what kinds of things I was experiencing...so many of our experiences in life slip through the cracks, and I want to remember as many of them as I can in relation to my weight loss; the good, the bad, and even the oh so ugly ones!

So many people say they've struggled with their weight for years, but this is not tue for me. I've been overweight from my earliest memories, and morbidly obese all of my adult life, but I was not the type to yo-yo diet, so in that sense I was not struggling. I don't know what my highest weight was because I didn't have a scale to weigh myself when I started getting set to lose weight. In the year before I started WW I started trying to eat less junk food and to get a little activity into my routine. When I started WW I was 288 lbs and wearing a size 22, and I know the year before I was wearing a size 26 (which was tight on me), so I'm guessing I was easily in the low 300 lb-range at my highest weight.

For the first year of my weight loss journey I was incredibly focussed and motivated. I was keeping my weight loss a secret from my family back home in Newfoundland, and my goal was to surprise them on my trip home in July. Needless to say it was quite a shock to a lot of people when I showed up over 100 lbs lighter without any warning!

Right now I am getting back on track after my trip back home. I wasn't following WW for a while due to comp issues, not to mention life issues, and I've gained back some of the weight I had lost. I got away from journalling, but I'm back at it again and am using it to help me get my focus back. I also like using it to keep track of my activity, although I've not had an organised execise regime for a few months now due to an injury. I'm getting back into my activity, however, and I will be updating all my numbers soon.

As I said, I don't write in this blog with an audience in mind, but if anyone had any questions or comments on anything here, please don't hesitate to post!

BTW, the name of my blog came from a comment my supervisor at work made one day when I was in the middle of a full-blown rant about something I had to do that was infuriating me. He interrupted me and said something to the tune of, "Don't worry about it you don't have to do it. And my goodness look at you! Where are you going, everytime I see you, you're smaller! It's crazy, you're the incredible shrinking woman!!" The moment was funny and unexpected and seemed to sum up my life right now, so I came home and re-titled my blog.

Now all I need is a cape...

Friday, March 21, 2008

The never-fading rain in your heart

I am loving the new album by Nightwish.

It's snowing again, been snowing for hours. I loved having everything clear and here we are again with snow down. I would have loved to be able to go for a walk tomorrow. As it is I did another full round of exercise today, despite still being sore. It was hard, but no harder than it was for me when I was getting back into it after being ill. I'm not sure if I'm pushing too hard, I plan to do a repeat on Sunday, but I will change those plans if my body seems unable to handle it. I'm tired tonight and enjoying it again, it is pleasant for muscles to feel so worked. I need to watch myself tho and make sure I don't start wearing myself down by doing too much. I want to get stronger, not burn myself out. If my energy levels start slacking then I will need to tone things down, but for now I'm going to keep going with this week's plan. I don't mind achy muscles as long as I have lots of energy, but if I start feeling fatigued then I know that's a warning sign. I ate basically all my APs today, I want to make sure I get enough fuel. I'm also being very careful this week about getting at least two servings of protein in each day, got to repair those achy muscles after all! The problem is that my afternoon protein comes from beans of some kind, and having gotten away from beans for quite a while there, now that I'm having them every day I'm having to cope with various side effects. The one that bothers me most is that I've been having bouts of heartburn in the late afternoon. It was really bad on two particular days, and those two days I'd had red kidney beans, first time in a couple months at least. I'm thinking that if they're going to do that to me then I won't be buying them any more. I had chick peas today instead but ate everything else the same, and felt okay. I'm not too bothered tho, I've never been fond of red kidney beans, it's just that they're convenient. I'll have to see how mixed beans go. I don't want to be having heartburn, especially bad like that, it actually made me have to stop exercising for a while the other day till it went away. It feels really weird now when something isn't right with my body, and I've been wondering if my body goes from day to day now without anything out of the ordinary causing problems and making issues and whether I've just gotten used to that. Would be wonderful, if it were true.

Earned 11 APs today: 30 min walk aerobics (2-mile), 20 min core, 15 min lower body, 50 min shoulders, 35 min biceps/triceps, 15 min chest.

No comments: