It's Delle!

Someone on the WW boards mentioned they read my blog (news to me, I didn't think anybody stopped by here aside from my best friend!), so I thought I should put a little blurb about me. I made this journal so I can keep track of the things I'm doing and how I'm thinking and feeling as I journey along the road to getting thinner. It's not intended to be written to an audience, it is honestly something I am writing to myself, and I find it so helpful to be able to look back even 4 months ago and see what kinds of things I was experiencing...so many of our experiences in life slip through the cracks, and I want to remember as many of them as I can in relation to my weight loss; the good, the bad, and even the oh so ugly ones!

So many people say they've struggled with their weight for years, but this is not tue for me. I've been overweight from my earliest memories, and morbidly obese all of my adult life, but I was not the type to yo-yo diet, so in that sense I was not struggling. I don't know what my highest weight was because I didn't have a scale to weigh myself when I started getting set to lose weight. In the year before I started WW I started trying to eat less junk food and to get a little activity into my routine. When I started WW I was 288 lbs and wearing a size 22, and I know the year before I was wearing a size 26 (which was tight on me), so I'm guessing I was easily in the low 300 lb-range at my highest weight.

For the first year of my weight loss journey I was incredibly focussed and motivated. I was keeping my weight loss a secret from my family back home in Newfoundland, and my goal was to surprise them on my trip home in July. Needless to say it was quite a shock to a lot of people when I showed up over 100 lbs lighter without any warning!

Right now I am getting back on track after my trip back home. I wasn't following WW for a while due to comp issues, not to mention life issues, and I've gained back some of the weight I had lost. I got away from journalling, but I'm back at it again and am using it to help me get my focus back. I also like using it to keep track of my activity, although I've not had an organised execise regime for a few months now due to an injury. I'm getting back into my activity, however, and I will be updating all my numbers soon.

As I said, I don't write in this blog with an audience in mind, but if anyone had any questions or comments on anything here, please don't hesitate to post!

BTW, the name of my blog came from a comment my supervisor at work made one day when I was in the middle of a full-blown rant about something I had to do that was infuriating me. He interrupted me and said something to the tune of, "Don't worry about it you don't have to do it. And my goodness look at you! Where are you going, everytime I see you, you're smaller! It's crazy, you're the incredible shrinking woman!!" The moment was funny and unexpected and seemed to sum up my life right now, so I came home and re-titled my blog.

Now all I need is a cape...

Friday, June 13, 2008

Let the rain come down

2 weeks, 5 days till Home!
-OP: yes
-activity: yes

I am pretty exhausted tonight, today was every bit as tiring as I had anticipated, but it was still a good day for all of that. I attmepted baking muffins last night, but forgot to put the yogurt in, and and neglected to buy the extract, but they turned out well anyway. I'd planned to make a bunch and to bring a lot of them to work with me today, but I was pressed for time and decided to get up early and make a fresh batch to bring in with me. I was up at 5am and busy in the kitchen, and they turned out quite well. When D picked me up I handed the container over and he commented that they were still hot. I also made a lasagna last night for he and I to have for dinner, so my efforts in the kitchen were put out there for people to try, something I'm not used to. I hunted DP down and made him try a muffin because he never eats properly, and he ate it and took another for later, which made me very happy. I asked them if they would eat more if I brought them and they said yes, so I might make more in the morning depending on how late I sleep. It's very satisfying to make food that people enjoy.

It was really cold at work today, and when F got in she kept exclaiming over how cold she was, and finally insisted on me feeling her nose to see just how cold it was, only when I touched it she screeched and shoved me away because my fingers were so much colder than her nose. She had a fit because I kept trying to touch her then to determine whether she truly was warmer than I am, and she kept telling me to get my cold hands off her. It was hilarious and very telling of how much I've changed, because I've always been the one who was forever too warm. M couldn't get over it either, when she visited, usually she's the one putting cold feel on me, not the other way around. F had gone to her car to get a couple sweaters, but she ended up taking off one and insisting that I wear it. I shrugged her off saying that I could never fit into any of her clothes, but she threatened me with extreme violence so I tried it on, and not only did it fit but I could even zipper it up! I was so thrilled, I couldn't believe I was actually wearing something of hers. I found D and DP and showed them, I was so proud. Heck, I would have showed customers if I wouldn't have looked like a looney. It was a relief to leave work and be out where it was warm, even tho it was overcast and gloomy and humid. It had been raining earlier and threatened to do more, but I still changed as soon as I got home and went for a river walk. I knew I'd get wet and didn't care, and it rained for most of it, and I got quite wet. It felt really good tho, calming and refreshing, and I felt ess sore and even less tired by the time I got home. But right now I'm fed and watered and showered (the only way to really get dry afer being out in the rain is to take a shower) and I'm going into a daze I'm so tired. Mmmmm.....bed!

Earned 5 APs today: 80 min brisk walking

No comments: