It's Delle!

Someone on the WW boards mentioned they read my blog (news to me, I didn't think anybody stopped by here aside from my best friend!), so I thought I should put a little blurb about me. I made this journal so I can keep track of the things I'm doing and how I'm thinking and feeling as I journey along the road to getting thinner. It's not intended to be written to an audience, it is honestly something I am writing to myself, and I find it so helpful to be able to look back even 4 months ago and see what kinds of things I was experiencing...so many of our experiences in life slip through the cracks, and I want to remember as many of them as I can in relation to my weight loss; the good, the bad, and even the oh so ugly ones!

So many people say they've struggled with their weight for years, but this is not tue for me. I've been overweight from my earliest memories, and morbidly obese all of my adult life, but I was not the type to yo-yo diet, so in that sense I was not struggling. I don't know what my highest weight was because I didn't have a scale to weigh myself when I started getting set to lose weight. In the year before I started WW I started trying to eat less junk food and to get a little activity into my routine. When I started WW I was 288 lbs and wearing a size 22, and I know the year before I was wearing a size 26 (which was tight on me), so I'm guessing I was easily in the low 300 lb-range at my highest weight.

For the first year of my weight loss journey I was incredibly focussed and motivated. I was keeping my weight loss a secret from my family back home in Newfoundland, and my goal was to surprise them on my trip home in July. Needless to say it was quite a shock to a lot of people when I showed up over 100 lbs lighter without any warning!

Right now I am getting back on track after my trip back home. I wasn't following WW for a while due to comp issues, not to mention life issues, and I've gained back some of the weight I had lost. I got away from journalling, but I'm back at it again and am using it to help me get my focus back. I also like using it to keep track of my activity, although I've not had an organised execise regime for a few months now due to an injury. I'm getting back into my activity, however, and I will be updating all my numbers soon.

As I said, I don't write in this blog with an audience in mind, but if anyone had any questions or comments on anything here, please don't hesitate to post!

BTW, the name of my blog came from a comment my supervisor at work made one day when I was in the middle of a full-blown rant about something I had to do that was infuriating me. He interrupted me and said something to the tune of, "Don't worry about it you don't have to do it. And my goodness look at you! Where are you going, everytime I see you, you're smaller! It's crazy, you're the incredible shrinking woman!!" The moment was funny and unexpected and seemed to sum up my life right now, so I came home and re-titled my blog.

Now all I need is a cape...

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I couldn't stop saying ass

2 weeks, 4 days till Home!
-OP: yes
-activity: yes

I was a bad girl this morning and slept in well past when I would have liked to get up, and then past when I SHOULD have gotten up. Thankfully I had the muffins I made because I didn't have time for breakfast (I'm out of eggs anyway), and just had enough time for a quick shower then out the door. I'm also thankful I was able to grab some vegetarian chili from the freezer that I'd put up from the huge crock pot full I'd made a couple of weeks ago to take with me to work. I ate my muffins on the bus and they were delicious and filling. And my dinner was really good as well, I was afraid the chili would be watery when I defrosted it and heated it, but it turned out well, so I got away with my lie in this morning after all.

It was a good day at work, frustrating at times because there's always so much work to do and I work so hard while most others don't have to. I worked with D tho and we always manage to keep each other's spirits up when we start getting down/frustrated. I managed to lose my pocket monster in the warehouse when I went to get security cases and didn't notice him missing till near the end of my shift when I saw B in the dept, but he had come to return him to me after finding him on the warehouse floor, and I was very chagrined with myself and grateful to him. I would have noticed him gone much sooner if I had not been working with D; I would have been trying to pat him for comfort.

There were messages on my machine this morning from F telling me that she's booked her tickets, so now she and M will both be coming home with me next month. We're trying to persuade D, and he wants to come but doesn't think he can manage it, but at least it's still a small possibility. F called the store to talk to me about it and we had a nice little chat about it, I hope mum calls tomorrow so we can start planning. I need to email M tomorrow, I'm so behind on email but I've not had a spare minute lately. D stayed late today and gave me a ride home, and we were talking for a while about things, and he was commenting again that he really wants to start taking care of his health again, and I started trying to get him to committ to something specific, and we ended up deciding that he would come with me for part of my river walk. I came in and changed and did some calculating, then walked to the point on the river that is by his street, then walked up his street and met up with him at his place. We drove back to the river and parked at the place I figured would let him walk with me for 30 min, which is what we felt would be a good time for him to start off at. He brought his son's dog and we had a lovely time. We've committed to going again on Monday; I'm hoping to get a river walk in tomorrow, but D doesn't need to walk every day, especially since he's just getting back into exercise. I love how he admires what I'm doing and respects my views/advice on health and exercise. I also loved having company for part of my walk, and I really hope this becomes a regular thing for us. Spending time with D does for my soul what the walking does for my body.

Earned 6 APs today: 100 min brisk walking

No comments: