It's Delle!

Someone on the WW boards mentioned they read my blog (news to me, I didn't think anybody stopped by here aside from my best friend!), so I thought I should put a little blurb about me. I made this journal so I can keep track of the things I'm doing and how I'm thinking and feeling as I journey along the road to getting thinner. It's not intended to be written to an audience, it is honestly something I am writing to myself, and I find it so helpful to be able to look back even 4 months ago and see what kinds of things I was many of our experiences in life slip through the cracks, and I want to remember as many of them as I can in relation to my weight loss; the good, the bad, and even the oh so ugly ones!

So many people say they've struggled with their weight for years, but this is not tue for me. I've been overweight from my earliest memories, and morbidly obese all of my adult life, but I was not the type to yo-yo diet, so in that sense I was not struggling. I don't know what my highest weight was because I didn't have a scale to weigh myself when I started getting set to lose weight. In the year before I started WW I started trying to eat less junk food and to get a little activity into my routine. When I started WW I was 288 lbs and wearing a size 22, and I know the year before I was wearing a size 26 (which was tight on me), so I'm guessing I was easily in the low 300 lb-range at my highest weight.

For the first year of my weight loss journey I was incredibly focussed and motivated. I was keeping my weight loss a secret from my family back home in Newfoundland, and my goal was to surprise them on my trip home in July. Needless to say it was quite a shock to a lot of people when I showed up over 100 lbs lighter without any warning!

Right now I am getting back on track after my trip back home. I wasn't following WW for a while due to comp issues, not to mention life issues, and I've gained back some of the weight I had lost. I got away from journalling, but I'm back at it again and am using it to help me get my focus back. I also like using it to keep track of my activity, although I've not had an organised execise regime for a few months now due to an injury. I'm getting back into my activity, however, and I will be updating all my numbers soon.

As I said, I don't write in this blog with an audience in mind, but if anyone had any questions or comments on anything here, please don't hesitate to post!

BTW, the name of my blog came from a comment my supervisor at work made one day when I was in the middle of a full-blown rant about something I had to do that was infuriating me. He interrupted me and said something to the tune of, "Don't worry about it you don't have to do it. And my goodness look at you! Where are you going, everytime I see you, you're smaller! It's crazy, you're the incredible shrinking woman!!" The moment was funny and unexpected and seemed to sum up my life right now, so I came home and re-titled my blog.

Now all I need is a cape...

Saturday, December 1, 2007

It was a good plan

Okay, so maybe I wouldn't sober up by the time I had to leave for work. I was late on account of I misunderstood what time D would be picking me up, and I had to call him on his cell phone en route and he was kind enough to turn around and come fetch me. I still feel awful about that, but I choose to blame K for telling me that he'd be picking me up at 7:00, when actually he would be picking me up to be there for 7:00. No harm done, I guess. I chattered the whole car ride, of which I remember very little. It seems like we got there entireally too quickly. I was silly and hyper and dancing and singing and basically still inebriated and D was hugely amused by me which is nice because he could have just as easily been pissed off by it. I wasn't worried on account of it not being a scheduled shift, the purpose being to get us caught up on the tasking and not to deal with customers. I expected to be done when the store opened, and I wasn't in uniform. Turns out we open earlier now, and there was so much to do, I didn't finish till 1:00pm instead of 10:00am, as planned. I was wiped when I finished; I'd gotten sober, and was really feeling how I had not eaten since the day before. I was so fatigued I didn't exercise when I got home, and instead have taken it pretty easy. If I wasn't so tired I would talk about last night, but last night will still be there to talk about tomorrow. T'is bed for me.

No comments: