It's Delle!

Someone on the WW boards mentioned they read my blog (news to me, I didn't think anybody stopped by here aside from my best friend!), so I thought I should put a little blurb about me. I made this journal so I can keep track of the things I'm doing and how I'm thinking and feeling as I journey along the road to getting thinner. It's not intended to be written to an audience, it is honestly something I am writing to myself, and I find it so helpful to be able to look back even 4 months ago and see what kinds of things I was experiencing...so many of our experiences in life slip through the cracks, and I want to remember as many of them as I can in relation to my weight loss; the good, the bad, and even the oh so ugly ones!

So many people say they've struggled with their weight for years, but this is not tue for me. I've been overweight from my earliest memories, and morbidly obese all of my adult life, but I was not the type to yo-yo diet, so in that sense I was not struggling. I don't know what my highest weight was because I didn't have a scale to weigh myself when I started getting set to lose weight. In the year before I started WW I started trying to eat less junk food and to get a little activity into my routine. When I started WW I was 288 lbs and wearing a size 22, and I know the year before I was wearing a size 26 (which was tight on me), so I'm guessing I was easily in the low 300 lb-range at my highest weight.

For the first year of my weight loss journey I was incredibly focussed and motivated. I was keeping my weight loss a secret from my family back home in Newfoundland, and my goal was to surprise them on my trip home in July. Needless to say it was quite a shock to a lot of people when I showed up over 100 lbs lighter without any warning!

Right now I am getting back on track after my trip back home. I wasn't following WW for a while due to comp issues, not to mention life issues, and I've gained back some of the weight I had lost. I got away from journalling, but I'm back at it again and am using it to help me get my focus back. I also like using it to keep track of my activity, although I've not had an organised execise regime for a few months now due to an injury. I'm getting back into my activity, however, and I will be updating all my numbers soon.

As I said, I don't write in this blog with an audience in mind, but if anyone had any questions or comments on anything here, please don't hesitate to post!

BTW, the name of my blog came from a comment my supervisor at work made one day when I was in the middle of a full-blown rant about something I had to do that was infuriating me. He interrupted me and said something to the tune of, "Don't worry about it you don't have to do it. And my goodness look at you! Where are you going, everytime I see you, you're smaller! It's crazy, you're the incredible shrinking woman!!" The moment was funny and unexpected and seemed to sum up my life right now, so I came home and re-titled my blog.

Now all I need is a cape...

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Feeling fine

And yes it may be stormy outside, and I might be fairly secluded, but I am not about to start chopping down doors with axes (anybody up on their King?).

Got loads of activity in today, and somebody's got tired wittle legs! Didn't get the normal amount of activity in for the week, but between having to work an extra shift (which lost me an evening and a morning), having a birthday (another evening lost) and being sick, I'm still happy with the week. What I'm REALLY happy about is that I had another great loss this week, after last weekend's excesses, and with my birthday feast thrown in to boot!! AND, TOM was visiting this week too (he left yesterday evening btw, another short visit). I'm not having -4 lb weeks any more, but that doesn't bother me, and I call anything over 1.5 lbs a great loss. Yes, it would be wonderful to be thin as soon as possible, but I'm having serious concerns about my body and how my skin seems incapable of shrinking. No, not the kind of concern that keeps me up at 2:00 in the morning fretting; I accept that this is part of it, and is the price I have to pay for being overweight all my life. It doesn't change the fact that I would still prefer that my body not be such a disaster zone as I'm making my dream come true. One of the best ways of having a tidier body is to have less rapid weight loss, so I'm perfectly happier with taking a little longer to get there, if it meant my skin could maybe cooperate with me a little. I think a lot of the reason I still can't look in the mirror and notice results is because of all the sag I'm experiencing. It will be interesting to say the least to see how it all turns out. Every time I'm near a mirror I try to imagine what I will look like in the end, I simply can't picture it. It is rather exciting. Even with saggy everything, I will be thinner, and I'll be able to wear clothes that conceal the worst of it, and I will feel wonderful to have people look at me. I will feel wonderful knowing I'm healthy! Tonight I did my WATP dvd in the first time in a long time, and even tho earlier this afternoon I was feeling lazy and not wanting to bestir byself to do more exercise, while I was doing it and afterward, I felt amazing! I would always read posts and such from people saying how they felt amazing after working out, and I think I always scoffed at it deep down inside, but boy do I know the difference now! I didn't feel exhausted, I was working and sweating and breathing hard, but I felt good, I felt strong. Afterward I did weights, then I actually tackled the stairs, and again, I felt good, strong. Strange how actually exercising can make you feel more energetic than you had been beforehand just sitting there. I feel like I could go do another 20 min! Oh god, feeling this fine right now at this moment, just imagine...in another 6 months, how awesome will I feel? :D

Earned 17 APs today: 20 min low-intensity DDR, 75 min mod-indensity DDR, 30 min walk aerobics (2-mile), 60 min free weights, 20 min stairs (8x)

Weekly summary:
Earned 26 APs
5 hours (305 min) total activity
2.5 miles (4 kms) walked
? FPs remaining
1.8 lbs lost

No comments: