It's Delle!

Someone on the WW boards mentioned they read my blog (news to me, I didn't think anybody stopped by here aside from my best friend!), so I thought I should put a little blurb about me. I made this journal so I can keep track of the things I'm doing and how I'm thinking and feeling as I journey along the road to getting thinner. It's not intended to be written to an audience, it is honestly something I am writing to myself, and I find it so helpful to be able to look back even 4 months ago and see what kinds of things I was experiencing...so many of our experiences in life slip through the cracks, and I want to remember as many of them as I can in relation to my weight loss; the good, the bad, and even the oh so ugly ones!

So many people say they've struggled with their weight for years, but this is not tue for me. I've been overweight from my earliest memories, and morbidly obese all of my adult life, but I was not the type to yo-yo diet, so in that sense I was not struggling. I don't know what my highest weight was because I didn't have a scale to weigh myself when I started getting set to lose weight. In the year before I started WW I started trying to eat less junk food and to get a little activity into my routine. When I started WW I was 288 lbs and wearing a size 22, and I know the year before I was wearing a size 26 (which was tight on me), so I'm guessing I was easily in the low 300 lb-range at my highest weight.

For the first year of my weight loss journey I was incredibly focussed and motivated. I was keeping my weight loss a secret from my family back home in Newfoundland, and my goal was to surprise them on my trip home in July. Needless to say it was quite a shock to a lot of people when I showed up over 100 lbs lighter without any warning!

Right now I am getting back on track after my trip back home. I wasn't following WW for a while due to comp issues, not to mention life issues, and I've gained back some of the weight I had lost. I got away from journalling, but I'm back at it again and am using it to help me get my focus back. I also like using it to keep track of my activity, although I've not had an organised execise regime for a few months now due to an injury. I'm getting back into my activity, however, and I will be updating all my numbers soon.

As I said, I don't write in this blog with an audience in mind, but if anyone had any questions or comments on anything here, please don't hesitate to post!

BTW, the name of my blog came from a comment my supervisor at work made one day when I was in the middle of a full-blown rant about something I had to do that was infuriating me. He interrupted me and said something to the tune of, "Don't worry about it you don't have to do it. And my goodness look at you! Where are you going, everytime I see you, you're smaller! It's crazy, you're the incredible shrinking woman!!" The moment was funny and unexpected and seemed to sum up my life right now, so I came home and re-titled my blog.

Now all I need is a cape...

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

You look so pretty with your body like that

5 weeks, 1 day till Home!
-OP: yes
-activity: yes

That was what a coworker said to me today after I said "You look so pretty with your hair like that". She is a real sweetheart, and constantly tells me how much weight I've been losing and how wonderful I look.

I've not been posting, and after she said that today I laughed and said "Okay that will be my quote for today", and then I thought about how I've not been posting every day like I had been for so long, and I decided that it was the kick I needed to post again tonight, just so I could make it my quote.

I got behind on the journalling after my Celebration Weekend, because things were busy and I wanted to be able to post properly about things. This has always been a weakness of mine, something I have struggled with for years now. I've gotten better at it, much better, but this has definitely been a relapse into old behaviours/mindsets. I get so rigid and obsessive sometimes, and I was determined not to post till I got caught up. Only, instead of being a motivator, it just makes me that much more behind when it takes longer to get caught up, which only makes me more behind of course. Such a vicious cycle. I'm not an unintelligent woman, it's mental how I can know these things and yet have to learn them again and again. I knew what was happening but couldn't seem to let myself unbend enough to take the first step and stop holding myself to such high standards. So yes, I am posting tonight when my journal is woefully behind. So is my email, incidently, something else I was thinking I should get caught up on before I started posting again. But the lesson I keep having to learn is...I'll get nothing done to suit me if I keep waiting for things to suit me before I begin. Maybe I can get to the email tomorrow, but I'm planning to work out after work, so it doesn't seem likely. Things have been crazy the past little while, work is insane with the move (we're changing locations). Also D's mum just died, so aside from losing him from work and having to help pick up the slack, I've also had him on my mind. I'd planned email/journal time into my day on Sunday, but lost it when D called and we spent hours on the phone. As it is I have to go eat my supper, but I wanted to get this post out of the way, so to speak, and take the first step to getting it back into my routine.

Work was better today, it helped that they didn't have the music blasting. The people I'm around are still mostly annoying tho, but I do my best to avoid the bad ones. They have been providing food for us, and I am soo glad I made food for this week and can come prepared, elsewise the pizza and sandwiches and doughnuts and cake etc etc would be so much harder to resist. I do fill up on their fruit and veggies when they have them tho, might as well save my own money! I got on the elliptical when I got home; it's been a long time since I've been on it, but I did well. I'll probably log a lot of miles on it this week.

I'll post again tomorrow.

Earned 5 APs today: 40 min elliptical

No comments: