It's Delle!

Someone on the WW boards mentioned they read my blog (news to me, I didn't think anybody stopped by here aside from my best friend!), so I thought I should put a little blurb about me. I made this journal so I can keep track of the things I'm doing and how I'm thinking and feeling as I journey along the road to getting thinner. It's not intended to be written to an audience, it is honestly something I am writing to myself, and I find it so helpful to be able to look back even 4 months ago and see what kinds of things I was experiencing...so many of our experiences in life slip through the cracks, and I want to remember as many of them as I can in relation to my weight loss; the good, the bad, and even the oh so ugly ones!

So many people say they've struggled with their weight for years, but this is not tue for me. I've been overweight from my earliest memories, and morbidly obese all of my adult life, but I was not the type to yo-yo diet, so in that sense I was not struggling. I don't know what my highest weight was because I didn't have a scale to weigh myself when I started getting set to lose weight. In the year before I started WW I started trying to eat less junk food and to get a little activity into my routine. When I started WW I was 288 lbs and wearing a size 22, and I know the year before I was wearing a size 26 (which was tight on me), so I'm guessing I was easily in the low 300 lb-range at my highest weight.

For the first year of my weight loss journey I was incredibly focussed and motivated. I was keeping my weight loss a secret from my family back home in Newfoundland, and my goal was to surprise them on my trip home in July. Needless to say it was quite a shock to a lot of people when I showed up over 100 lbs lighter without any warning!

Right now I am getting back on track after my trip back home. I wasn't following WW for a while due to comp issues, not to mention life issues, and I've gained back some of the weight I had lost. I got away from journalling, but I'm back at it again and am using it to help me get my focus back. I also like using it to keep track of my activity, although I've not had an organised execise regime for a few months now due to an injury. I'm getting back into my activity, however, and I will be updating all my numbers soon.

As I said, I don't write in this blog with an audience in mind, but if anyone had any questions or comments on anything here, please don't hesitate to post!

BTW, the name of my blog came from a comment my supervisor at work made one day when I was in the middle of a full-blown rant about something I had to do that was infuriating me. He interrupted me and said something to the tune of, "Don't worry about it you don't have to do it. And my goodness look at you! Where are you going, everytime I see you, you're smaller! It's crazy, you're the incredible shrinking woman!!" The moment was funny and unexpected and seemed to sum up my life right now, so I came home and re-titled my blog.

Now all I need is a cape...

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Terrible Tuesday..

..was not quite so terrible as usual..lol. Last Tuesday was a good day too, so I guess it is not unheard of. Busy busy busy at work, but we were in decent shape when the store opened, and despite having to cope with Wiis, the day went well enough. The angry customers did seem to come out in droves today tho, but I didn't let their rudeness ruin my good mood. I hate knowing that we'll only see more of them the closer we get to Christmas. How awful it is that instead of being happy to get ready for this holiday everyone supposedly loves so much, so many people turn into stressed, impatient jerks. Well, they can have their holiday of stress and aggravation, I certainly don't miss it.

I'm trying something new this week; eating more points at breakfast and dinner time, and less at supper. I'd been finding the past few weeks that on days I work, I'm getting really hungry about mid-morning, and wanting to break for dinner at 10am. I wouldn't, tho, because I want to have the staying power in the afternoon to carry me to suppertime, but it was getting annoying to have my tummy so rumbly at 10 in the morning. I decided that cereal alone wasn't going to cut it, and the past two mornings I've also had two eggs in addition to my beloved All Bran. I think it might do the trick, I don't remember being hungry until dinnertime, so maybe the protein is just what I needed. I've also started eating a few more points for dinner, and less at supper. I think I got into a supper routine, and have been eating the same meal out of habit, and ignoring the fact that I am often uncomfortably full after all that food. Of course, my problem has always been craving that feeling of being physically full, so I've been okay with doing that. But if I'm going to eat more for my other two meals, then the points must need come from someplace, and I will not dip more into my FPs than I have been. It's a weird feeling not being full after supper, but if I monitor how I feel, I'm also not hungry. I'm hoping this will go well for me, I think it's important to get used to eating smaller meals as I keep losing DPs. Food is a fuel, not a recreation or a comfort; I need to manage it in a way that gets me through the day in an energetic manner, not in a way that satisfies my preferences of when I would like to eat or how full I would like to be at certain times. If I need more incentive I just need to remember my conversation with G at work today, and how he responded to my comment about how I don't eat sweet stuff anymore, that he could see I've lost a lot of weight and that whatever I'm doing, it's definitely working. I was so thrilled to have someone else mention it, and when I told him I'd believed no one at work had noticed, he said, "Ohh, no!" so I guess maybe they have started to notice, but aren't mentioning it to me. I think G was comfortable because he has also been losing weight. He's looking really good. I thought it was wonderful of him to say that to me, and I told him he made my day. It was a much better experience finding out they're talking about me in relation to me getting thinner than finding out they're bitching me out behind my back. I couldn't stop smiling. I don't need anyone's approval, but I am proud of what I am doing, and I like that people around me are able to see the results of my effort now. I've spent the vast majority of my life feeling ashamed of myself for how I look and how I lived, and feeling like people talked about me negatively for these things. I love having feeling that what I am doing is worthy, and that no one would be justified in being negative about my lifestyle. I love feeling proud and comfortable with what I'm doing and not having to fear recrimination. It's so liberating!!

Earned 7 APs today: 85 min brisk walking

No comments: