It's Delle!

Someone on the WW boards mentioned they read my blog (news to me, I didn't think anybody stopped by here aside from my best friend!), so I thought I should put a little blurb about me. I made this journal so I can keep track of the things I'm doing and how I'm thinking and feeling as I journey along the road to getting thinner. It's not intended to be written to an audience, it is honestly something I am writing to myself, and I find it so helpful to be able to look back even 4 months ago and see what kinds of things I was experiencing...so many of our experiences in life slip through the cracks, and I want to remember as many of them as I can in relation to my weight loss; the good, the bad, and even the oh so ugly ones!

So many people say they've struggled with their weight for years, but this is not tue for me. I've been overweight from my earliest memories, and morbidly obese all of my adult life, but I was not the type to yo-yo diet, so in that sense I was not struggling. I don't know what my highest weight was because I didn't have a scale to weigh myself when I started getting set to lose weight. In the year before I started WW I started trying to eat less junk food and to get a little activity into my routine. When I started WW I was 288 lbs and wearing a size 22, and I know the year before I was wearing a size 26 (which was tight on me), so I'm guessing I was easily in the low 300 lb-range at my highest weight.

For the first year of my weight loss journey I was incredibly focussed and motivated. I was keeping my weight loss a secret from my family back home in Newfoundland, and my goal was to surprise them on my trip home in July. Needless to say it was quite a shock to a lot of people when I showed up over 100 lbs lighter without any warning!

Right now I am getting back on track after my trip back home. I wasn't following WW for a while due to comp issues, not to mention life issues, and I've gained back some of the weight I had lost. I got away from journalling, but I'm back at it again and am using it to help me get my focus back. I also like using it to keep track of my activity, although I've not had an organised execise regime for a few months now due to an injury. I'm getting back into my activity, however, and I will be updating all my numbers soon.

As I said, I don't write in this blog with an audience in mind, but if anyone had any questions or comments on anything here, please don't hesitate to post!

BTW, the name of my blog came from a comment my supervisor at work made one day when I was in the middle of a full-blown rant about something I had to do that was infuriating me. He interrupted me and said something to the tune of, "Don't worry about it you don't have to do it. And my goodness look at you! Where are you going, everytime I see you, you're smaller! It's crazy, you're the incredible shrinking woman!!" The moment was funny and unexpected and seemed to sum up my life right now, so I came home and re-titled my blog.

Now all I need is a cape...

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Every once and a little while

I've not been posting, but then I've not been doing a whole lot of anything, for the most part. The chest cold I have has been especially bad this week, and I've spent a lot of time in bed. I've not exercised once, and I'm feeling wretched enough that I'm not really struggling with feelings of guilt. My chest hurts a lot, and if I take a deep breath it leads to painful coughing. I wheeze and rattle and I think trying to exercise would be a good way to find out what it would be like to pass out. I'm hot then I'm cold and I'm tired and I have no appetite. Last night I was so cold I actually had to put socks on in bed...in BED!!! SOCKS!!! And I was STILL COLD!!!! I fell asleep at 8:30 aching with cold and just plain aching, I'd been fighting to stay awake since 7:30. And then I woke up a bit after midnight and was awake till going on 6am. Lovely fun. Definitely been getting the crawley skin...anything touching my skin makes it hurt. AND...TOM showed up! Good for him! Not only does my head and chest ache, but my back and my stupid uterus aches too! The more the merrier, I say! It is interesting to note that I had predicted that I would start later in the week (I started yesterday evening), so I would have to say I was reading myself properly. I have to go out to the pharmacy, I need acetominininaphin to help with the achies. I'm low on certain foodstuffs, but the stuff I need is crap at the grocery up the street so I'm not sure whether I'll just go without some things. I'm not eating much right now anyway. I really do not feel up to walking all the way to the good grocery, even if I can get a bus back. I don't feel up to walking 10 min to the crappy one. Okay I'm done with whinging. Somewhere in the midst of it all this week I got invited out for dinner, and I did my best to make it less damaging. They did not have low fat options for dressing or sour cream, so I had dressing on the side of my salad, and in total might have used half a tsp of it (I would dip the tips of the fork tines in it after I had the lettuce in my mouth). I also tipped the cheese off before I ate it. And I had my baked potatoe absolutely plain. Now, I DID have the steak, without realising how costly steak is points wise (I never get to eat steak!), but it was so sinfully delicious that I almost wept from joy, and I didn't eat the whole thing. I would have loved to eat everything on the plate, but I stopped when I knew I was satisfied. And said no to dessert, even tho D raves that there is an excellent dessert there that I have to try. All in all, I am very proud of myself. Mostly I'm just glad that I felt well enough that evening to go out, I've certainly felt like crap before and after. I usually journal in the evening, but I've completely pooped out most evenings this week so I figured I might as well do it. I know I won't be exercising aside from walking to the pharmacy, so I don't have to worry about posting APs. The scale is showing me down, steak or no steak, so if it holds for the weekend, I should have a very satisfying WI on Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if I rise before then tho; these pills tend to affect my digestion, I find. Oh well, I'm not much fussed at this point, I just want to feel better. I'll be keeping an eye, if I feel this bad again next week, I'll likely try to see a physician just to make sure it's not something more serious than a chest cold. I know chest colds take a long time to get over tho, so for now I'm just sitting on it. Wish I could poke it with pointy objects. And give it kicks.

No comments: