It's Delle!

Someone on the WW boards mentioned they read my blog (news to me, I didn't think anybody stopped by here aside from my best friend!), so I thought I should put a little blurb about me. I made this journal so I can keep track of the things I'm doing and how I'm thinking and feeling as I journey along the road to getting thinner. It's not intended to be written to an audience, it is honestly something I am writing to myself, and I find it so helpful to be able to look back even 4 months ago and see what kinds of things I was experiencing...so many of our experiences in life slip through the cracks, and I want to remember as many of them as I can in relation to my weight loss; the good, the bad, and even the oh so ugly ones!

So many people say they've struggled with their weight for years, but this is not tue for me. I've been overweight from my earliest memories, and morbidly obese all of my adult life, but I was not the type to yo-yo diet, so in that sense I was not struggling. I don't know what my highest weight was because I didn't have a scale to weigh myself when I started getting set to lose weight. In the year before I started WW I started trying to eat less junk food and to get a little activity into my routine. When I started WW I was 288 lbs and wearing a size 22, and I know the year before I was wearing a size 26 (which was tight on me), so I'm guessing I was easily in the low 300 lb-range at my highest weight.

For the first year of my weight loss journey I was incredibly focussed and motivated. I was keeping my weight loss a secret from my family back home in Newfoundland, and my goal was to surprise them on my trip home in July. Needless to say it was quite a shock to a lot of people when I showed up over 100 lbs lighter without any warning!

Right now I am getting back on track after my trip back home. I wasn't following WW for a while due to comp issues, not to mention life issues, and I've gained back some of the weight I had lost. I got away from journalling, but I'm back at it again and am using it to help me get my focus back. I also like using it to keep track of my activity, although I've not had an organised execise regime for a few months now due to an injury. I'm getting back into my activity, however, and I will be updating all my numbers soon.

As I said, I don't write in this blog with an audience in mind, but if anyone had any questions or comments on anything here, please don't hesitate to post!

BTW, the name of my blog came from a comment my supervisor at work made one day when I was in the middle of a full-blown rant about something I had to do that was infuriating me. He interrupted me and said something to the tune of, "Don't worry about it you don't have to do it. And my goodness look at you! Where are you going, everytime I see you, you're smaller! It's crazy, you're the incredible shrinking woman!!" The moment was funny and unexpected and seemed to sum up my life right now, so I came home and re-titled my blog.

Now all I need is a cape...

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Too warm

Today was quiet and uneventful. Last night was as miserable as I'd forseen for the most part. After posting I just lay in bed and listened to Harry Potter. Just the little bit of light from the comp screen seemed like enough to hurt my eyes. I had the heat on and the flat was warm, but I was still under all my blankets and cold. When I would get up to the toilet I would be covered in goosebumps....the ouchie kind you get when you're sick. I wouldn't quite call it the crawly-skin, but it wasn't far off. Thankfully it isn't the flu I have; you only get full out crawly-skin with the flu. Either way I was in a stupor for an hour at least, don't know how long, I just know that I listened to a lot of Harry Potter without really hearing a lot of it, only his voice, and it helped soothe me. Eventually I kind of slept, that sick-sleep, and it was as not fun as I had anticipated. The good thing is that about 4:00am or so I suddenly realised it was actually really warm and turned on the fan. I was also able to breathe, which WAS fun. Today I took it easy, read mostly, listened to HP. I wanted soup for dinner but my can-opener was broken so I had to venture out to get a new one from the dollar store. Just as well, since I had to get bus tickets anyway. I'd been wondering if I should attempt some exercise, since I have basically none for the week, but the walking was almost enough to convince me otherwise. Sometimes I felt fine, and others I felt shakey. Bending over for a moment makes everything go gray, so I figured rest is better. I've not had much of an appetite, I've not had supper yet and it is getting really late, so I should go eat something. All I want is ice cream tho *craves*

Earned 3 APs today: 35 min brisk walking

No comments: