It's Delle!

Someone on the WW boards mentioned they read my blog (news to me, I didn't think anybody stopped by here aside from my best friend!), so I thought I should put a little blurb about me. I made this journal so I can keep track of the things I'm doing and how I'm thinking and feeling as I journey along the road to getting thinner. It's not intended to be written to an audience, it is honestly something I am writing to myself, and I find it so helpful to be able to look back even 4 months ago and see what kinds of things I was experiencing...so many of our experiences in life slip through the cracks, and I want to remember as many of them as I can in relation to my weight loss; the good, the bad, and even the oh so ugly ones!

So many people say they've struggled with their weight for years, but this is not tue for me. I've been overweight from my earliest memories, and morbidly obese all of my adult life, but I was not the type to yo-yo diet, so in that sense I was not struggling. I don't know what my highest weight was because I didn't have a scale to weigh myself when I started getting set to lose weight. In the year before I started WW I started trying to eat less junk food and to get a little activity into my routine. When I started WW I was 288 lbs and wearing a size 22, and I know the year before I was wearing a size 26 (which was tight on me), so I'm guessing I was easily in the low 300 lb-range at my highest weight.

For the first year of my weight loss journey I was incredibly focussed and motivated. I was keeping my weight loss a secret from my family back home in Newfoundland, and my goal was to surprise them on my trip home in July. Needless to say it was quite a shock to a lot of people when I showed up over 100 lbs lighter without any warning!

Right now I am getting back on track after my trip back home. I wasn't following WW for a while due to comp issues, not to mention life issues, and I've gained back some of the weight I had lost. I got away from journalling, but I'm back at it again and am using it to help me get my focus back. I also like using it to keep track of my activity, although I've not had an organised execise regime for a few months now due to an injury. I'm getting back into my activity, however, and I will be updating all my numbers soon.

As I said, I don't write in this blog with an audience in mind, but if anyone had any questions or comments on anything here, please don't hesitate to post!

BTW, the name of my blog came from a comment my supervisor at work made one day when I was in the middle of a full-blown rant about something I had to do that was infuriating me. He interrupted me and said something to the tune of, "Don't worry about it you don't have to do it. And my goodness look at you! Where are you going, everytime I see you, you're smaller! It's crazy, you're the incredible shrinking woman!!" The moment was funny and unexpected and seemed to sum up my life right now, so I came home and re-titled my blog.

Now all I need is a cape...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Really I do

I might be having company this weekend, so you know what that means! Time for me to get sick! All I need now is TOM to show up.

I feel like crap and since every hour that passes I feel worse than the one before, I'm expecting that I'm only going to feel crappier before I feel better. I was sneezing a lot earlier today, but I felt fine, but then I started feeling bad late afternoon and it's only gotten worse. My head aches and my throat is sore and the light is making my eyes hurt and I'm getting congested. I'm not impressed at all, I'd really gotten it into my head that with my new lifestyle I don't get sick as often, but I was sick a month ago! NOT IMPRESSED!!!

I was in bed this morning and still not decided whether I was going to sleep some more or wake up, when F called and asked me to cover her shift today before she's not feeling well. I immediately had to change my plans for the day, I'd planned to catch up on email, try to find veggies worth eating, and get lots and lots of exercise in. I decided I had time to get in 2 hours of DDR before work, then I could do stairs when I got home and maybe WATP, but 15 min into DDR R called and we had some things to discuss and don't often get to talk so I picked up. Then F called and asked if I wanted to go shopping since she had to come to the U to drop forms off that were due today. I needed peppers badly, and some other things that can't wait till the weekend, so I scrapped DDR and went. I got lovely nice peppers and was pleased till I saw the bill..I only got half a bag but the red peppers cost me over 10 dollars!!!! There's no way I can afford to spend that!! Looks like I'll be giving them up. BEING POOR SUCKS BIG HAIRY MONKEY ASS!!!!!

I got back from shopping and it was way later than I'd planned on and I had to rush like crazy to make dinner and eat it and then try to make my supper to bring with me to work. I'd planned on tuna pitas, but my can-opener broke and wouldn't open the tuna, so another plan went awry as I had zero time to make anything else at this point. I got my bus okay, I just had to finish my dinner on the bus so I wouldn't be late, but that was all right. I was more concerned about not being hungry on my shift than having people see me eat in public. Normally I avoid that like the plague but I managed it with little anxiety, which I think is a sign of improvement. Work was good, but it got a little difficult when I started getting sick. I had so much fun chatting with N when I was working in the warehouse, and laughed myself silly at his theory of getting high priced hookers to clean his house for him. I had to go to McDonalds for supper, and since I had a fair amount of points left I decided I could have the fries with my deli, and I marvelled at how fries and mayo on a sandwich can taste sooo sinful now, it really doesn't take much now to make a meal taste rich, which is nice. I also marvelled that I was full after I ate it, I really, really hope my stomach is shrinking!!!! The thing is tho that I'm feeling kind of hungry right now, which I think is odd since it was only 4 hours ago I had supper. Maybe it is because the meal was less healthy than the food I normally eat, so it wasn't enough to satisfy my hunger for long. I could get some carrots, but honestly I'd rather be hungry than eat right now. I really do feel crappy.

On that note I think I'll leave it there and watch the new yoga DVD I bought today so I can see what the heck it's all about before I attempt doing it. I also watched my WATP DVD before I actually did it, so I'd know what would be expected of me. I'm a dorkus like that. *squee*

Earned 1 AP today: 15 min low-intensity DDR

No comments: